University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA 09/2014 – present
- Pursuing Masters of Science in Information and Computer Science, to be conferred December 2015
- Concentration in Informatics, Ubiquitous Computing track
Stanford University, Stanford, CA Class of 2012
- Bachelors of Science with Honors in Science, Technology, and Society
- Concentration in Computer Science and Chemistry
- Recipient of Firestone Medal for Excellence in Undergraduate Research
- Honors Thesis: Unlocking the Power of Your Genome: Financial and Regulatory Challenges, advised by Professor Russ Altman, Chair of Bioengineering. Thesis evaluates challenges of bringing genomics from lab to consumer through case studies of corporate business models and policy analysis.
- Tutorial in Immunology
Alumni Relations Liaison, Sage Hill School, Newport Coast, CA 03/2014 – present
- Managed communication to alumni community through e-newsletter and across social media platforms such as Facebook and LinkedIn, in addition to tracking information in alumni database.
- Collaborated with Alumni Council to gather feedback and set agendas for strategic initiatives to engage alumni.
- Conceptualized, planned, and publicized social and professional networking events, locally and nationally.
- Conducted study to report alumni outcomes through statistical analysis of college enrollment, graduation, and transfer data.
Community Specialist, Pinterest, San Francisco, CA 09/2012 – 04/2013
- Worked cross-functionally with engineers, product managers, etc. to deliver user insights and represent “user voice.”
- Analyzed trends to identify and prioritize account access issues (highest-volume, highest-priority requests)
- Suggested scalable solutions such as copy changes, conversations with vendors, and code changes
- Tested new features/products pre-launch for usability, bugs, consistency in edge cases, clarity, etc.
- Improved user experience through 1:1 support, including technical troubleshooting, debugging, and reviewing reports of spam and abusive content. Achieved 90% customer satisfaction rating.
- Managed severe crisis bugs, including identification, internal/external communication, and post-mortem report.
- Overhauled Pinterest Help Center by adding new content and reorganizing and editing existing content. Added search terms/phrases to surface relevant pages to users.
- Defined and documented policies to ensure users’ account security and consistency across team.
- Localization: managed assignment of (and additional context for) strings to translators; conducted interviews for Dutch and Japanese translators; conducted survey on French users to inform translation of terms unique to Pinterest.
Vice President of External Affairs, Stanford Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
SWE promotes diversity in engineering through mentorship, career development, service, leadership, and networking opportunities.
- As External VP, established and maintained relationships with corporate partners, including Google, IDEO, Genentech, Cisco, Microsoft, Palantir, Intel, Accenture, Lockheed Martin, Schlumberger, Morgan Stanley.
- Organized speakers and panels for weekly meetings (with average attendance of 60 students), corporate recruiting info sessions, company tours, faculty lunches for undeclared students, and corporate scholarship program.
- Prior to role as External VP, managed annual budget of $30,000 as Treasurer & Financial Officer, handled expenses and income (reimbursements, invoices, deposits, tax forms, purchase orders) and worked with student government.
- Recruited students to apply and run for leadership team of 30 positions; selected students for non-elected positions.
Organizing Committee, Biomedical Computation at Stanford (BCatS) Conference
BCATS is an annual one-day conference highlighting current research in biomedical computation
- Invited faculty to deliver keynote speeches and selected student talks and posters from abstracts.
- Coordinated corporate sponsorship, registration, logistical aspects, and feedback collection from attendees.
Computer: Java, C++, Python, HTML, Hive, UNIX, Microsoft Office Suite
Languages: English, Spanish, Urdu